Published on: Fri, 02/04/2011 - 15:29
The City of Saint Paul, Historic Saint Paul, and the Ramsey County Historical Society are partnering to conduct an historic resource survey of the Payne-Phalen, Uppertown, and Frogtown neighborhoods.
This information will be used:
• To identify historic neighborhood development patterns and themes
• To identify properties eligible for historic designation
• To recommend properties for further study
• To help make informed decisions about the significance and protection of historic properties
• To develop preservation-based goals and strategies for use in neighborhood planning
• For community outreach about heritage preservation
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Feedback and information from community members about what is important in the Payne-Phalen, Uppertown, and Frogtown neighborhoods is needed to develop a better understanding of the history and resources found in each neighborhood.
Please share what you know about the history of these neighborhoods, including significant buildings, important people, and historical events. We will also appreciate photos where possible!