Since 2012 Historic Saint Paul and Frogtown Neighborhood Association...
The Charles Block Project is an initiative that actively engages and involves residents along Charles Avenue between Dale and Kent in a pilot “block long” neighborhood regeneration project supported by a collaborative of local partner organizations.
- Encourage residents to determine what long and short-term goals they have for their homes and their block.
- Mobilize the expertise and capacity of a collaboration of partners to help residents achieve those goals.
- Provide neighbors the opportunity to build and/or strengthen relationships and neighborhood cohesiveness.
- Positively impact the appearance and the perception of the block – and the neighborhood as a whole.
- Preserve and highlight the architectural character and features of the houses.
- Leverage additional investments into home improvement projects – through partner organizations and privately.
- Provide organizational partners the opportunity to collaborate in new ways – jointly enhancing and expanding capacities to achieve impact through collaboration.
Preserve Frogtown – Frogtown Neighborhood Association, Historic Saint Paul, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, NeighborWorks Home Partners, Frogtown Green, GAP YouthBuild, Community Stabilization Project